1． Definition of Personal Information
The term “Personal Information” herein means the “personal information” as defined in the Personal Information Protection Act, which is any and all information regarding a living individual that can be used to identify a specific individual such as the name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, or any other description contained in such information, as well as any and all information that can be used to identify a specific individual on its own, such as the appearance, fingerprints, voice print data, and/or the health insurance number (personal identification information).
2． Objectives of the Use of the Personal Information
The objectives of the Company for collecting and using the Personal Information are the following:
- 1.To provide and operate the Company services
- 2.To reply to the enquiries of the customers of the Company
- 3.To send out emails with information about new features, updates, campaigns and other services the Company offers
- 5.To notify changes to the terms and conditions of the Company services
- 6.To allow the customers to change or delete their registered information upon their own request via email or other means
- 7.Objectives incidental to any of the purposes mentioned above
3． Changes in Objectives of the Use of the Personal Information
The Company may change the purpose for which any Personal Information is used to the extent that it is reasonably considered to be relevant, and will notify the customers or make a public announcement of any such changes.
4． Providing Personal Information to Third Parties
1.The Company will not handle the Personal Information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the objectives of use stipulated herein without obtaining the express consent of the applicable customer, except as permitted by the Personal Information Protection Act or other related laws and regulations., provided that this shall not apply in any of the following cases:
- ① When required by law
- ② When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person, while it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- ③ When it is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of the sound growth of children, while it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- ④ When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, a person or organization entrusted by either of the foregoing in executing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the customer may impede the execution of such affairs
- 2.Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the recipient of the Personal Information shall not be considered a third party in any of the following cases:
- ① When the Company entrusts all or part of the handling of the Personal Information within the scope necessary to achieve the objectives of use stipulated herein
- ② When the Personal Information is provided as a result of a merger or any other event of succession of business
- ③ In the event that the Personal Information is to be used jointly with a specific person, and the applicable customer has been so notified in advance and/or has been made aware of the fact, along with following; the specific items of the Personal Information to be used jointly, the scope of the persons with whom the Personal information is to be used jointly, the purpose for which such Personal information is to be used, and the name or the title of the person responsible for the management of such Personal Information
5． Disclosure of Personal Information
- 1.When requested by a particular individual to disclose his/her own Personal Information, the Company will make the requested disclosure to such applicable individual without delay, provided however, that the Company may not disclose all or part of it, and when the Company decides not to make the disclosure, the Company will so notify to that effect without delay, when the disclosure falls under any of the following:
- ① When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property or other rights and interests of the applicable individual or a third party
- ② When there is a risk of significant impediment to the appropriate implementation of the business of the Company
- ③ In the event of any violation of the applicable law
- 2.In theory, we will not disclose the Personal Information if we have no obligation to do so under the Personal Information Protection Act or any other related law.
6．Correction and removal of the Personal Information
- 1.The customer may request the Company to correct, add and/or delete his/her own Personal Information in accordance with the procedures established by the Company, when the Personal Information the Company is in possession is incorrect (hereinafter referred to as the “correction, etc.”).
- 2.If the Company receives a request from a customer as described in the preceding paragraph and deems it necessary to accommodate to that request, the Company shall correct the relevant Personal Information without delay.
- 3.When the Company has made corrections in accordance with the preceding paragraph, or has decided not to make corrections, the Company will so notify the customer without delay.
7． Suspension of the Use of the Personal Information
- 1.When the Company is requested by an individual to cease using or erase (hereinafter referred to as “cessation of use, etc.”) his/her Personal Information on the grounds that it is being used for a purpose other than that for which it was intended, or that it was obtained by wrongful means, the Company will conduct the necessary investigation without delay.
- 2.If, based on the results of the investigation described in the preceding paragraph, it is determined that it is necessary to meet the request, the Company will, without delay, suspend the use of the applicable Personal Information.
- 3.In the event that the Company suspends the use of the service in accordance with the preceding paragraph, or decides not to do so, the Company will so notify the customer without delay.
- 4.Notwithstanding the foregoing, in cases where it would be too cost prohibitive or otherwise difficult to suspend the use of the Personal Information, and where alternative measures can be taken to protect the rights and interests of the customer, the Company reserves the rights to take such alternative measures.
- 1.The contents of this policy may be changed without notice to the customer, except as provided to be otherwise by law or in this policy.
9． Contacts for Inquiries
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact the Company at the following:
37-4 Shimokawai, Miwa-cho, Fukuchiyama-shi, Kyoto 620-1313
Kyoto An Co., Ltd.